This fantastic home & garden will be sure to spark joy in your heart! The Classic features, tasteful eclectic decor and lush greenery in this delightful home will inspire your imagination from the moment you enter. As will the downstairs area, which is currently a popular Airbnb listing where Guests have a modern S/C area to stay. If you're a Gardener, or aspiring chef, you'll love the rare plants, fruiting vines & trees and herbs aplenty. Someone with a Companion Animal will love that the yard and house has had much money spent to provide a pergola & enclosures for pet security and a garden with pet-friendly herbs and plants.
If you catch the train or bus for work or are concerned with the environment, you'll love that it's only 5-minute walk to trains and bus, and 7 minute walk to buy your groceries at Deagon Market Square. On the weekend, there's a Coffee shop with Greek coffee and sweets 5 minutes' walk away. Sandgate foreshore is 7 minutes' drive, where you can go paddle boarding, walking the waterfront to enjoy the glorious sunsets, canoeing.... then stop in at the famous Cardigan Bar for free live music & cocktails.
- Gorgeous hardwood floors.
- Colour scheme to suit all decorating styles.
- New neutral colour blinds Dining and kitchen.
- New reverse cycle air-conditioner
- 3 generous sized bedrooms, 2 with large built-in cupboards.
- All bedrooms have lush new Eco Carpets (constructed to repel dirt so spills simply wipe off with water.)
- Large kitchen cupboards & storage space.
- New block-out curtains throughout to keep heat out in Summer and warmth inside in Winter.
- Paw-proof insect screens bedrooms, the rest are security screens.
- Security Doors and meshed in verandah for safe night enclosure for your Companion Animals.
- Sun-drenched front verandah for relaxing or enjoying an afternoon drink.
- Separate bathroom and toilet.
- Modern tiled area, fully set up as AirBnb, where Guests are separate and s/c from rest of house. (complete Airbnb set-up can be part of purchase of house with two free lessons on becoming a Host)
- Perfect to suit visiting parents. Or teenagers retreat or party Room.
- Large Pergola off back garage newly built by Registered Builder., covered with passionfruit, kiwano, choko and flowering vines.
In the garden:
- Delightful, covered Garden sitting area, surrounded by lush plants, redolent with the scents of Honeysuckle, Jasmine, lavender & rosemary
- In Summer, flowering Frangipanni in large stone-look pots
- Fruiting fig and semi-dwarf mulberry.
- Very little lawn to mow as most is garden.
- Winding paths leading to hidden sitting area under passionfruit-laden arbour.
- Children's play structure and child friendly garden.
- Rare plants enjoyed by visiting native bees.
- Birds splashing in bird baths, enjoying seeds and nectar of small "Red Robin" Grevillea flowering year-round.
- Night-time possums visiting the roof of the large garden shed for sweet potato left out for them.
- Exchanging fruit and plants with delightful gardeny neighbour over the back fence!
Improvements the owner has made since buying the home:
- New roof with insulation
- New gutters both sides of house.
- Gutter Guard.
- House painted approx. 4 years ago by Professional painters.
- Back and front stairs replaced and painted.
- New front porch by Registered Builder.
- New privacy screens outside of house.
- Front verandah re-painted this year.
- Downstairs modernised and tiled.
- House interior repainted.
- New Eco- Carpets in bedrooms.
- New blinds kitchen and dining.
- Pet security mesh to verandah plus pet enclosure/sitting area pergola off back garage.
- Colorbond fence for backyard privacy.
This special home is a must see, register your interest today!
Private 2 bed unit with huge fully fenced courtyard!